my first journey across the ocean!

Montag, Mai 31, 2004

Good monday! Started with an earthquake-like storm that woke me up at 4pm. Great!
I was in office at about 9 just to find out that the desk I normally work at now was occupied by Robin Johansson. So now I invaded the office of the Lufthansa Technical Training boss, who is on golf vacation (or on a business trip, I heard different stories) and hopefully won't be back until the reconstruction is finished. Today they only did some cable work, nothing exciting.
On Sunday I met with the team at Olaf Knuth's place to watch F1, that was cool. Sharon picked me up and the whole crew was very relaxed and friendly. The local beer, "Tiger", isn't so bad at all! :-)
I had a meeting with Johannes and Robin today concerning my project and we set some things straight, so that I have a clear idea of what I am to do in the next two weeks. To be honest, It will not take ONE week, so maybe Johannes will figure out something to keep me busy... I'm quite sure he has some work left for me.
Of course, again, the computer issue: Linux is running fine, and the only reason not to install it is EXCEL and WORD, these f***ing important programs which are essentials for the work here and in university. I found an external harddisk in this office which is empty, so I have something to do a backup with, but I have not WinXP CD and no Office CD here. Maybe Markus, my flatmate, will help me out, but he is in India at the moment and won't be back until thursday. So I will stick to that ugly solution by now.
How did you like the pictures I added today?
Maybe I´ll go to sentosa island on wednesday, then I would finally be able to provide you with the incredibly important BEACH pics!
Just come back and have a look!