my first journey across the ocean!

Donnerstag, Mai 20, 2004

Hello people!

I am sitting here somewhere close to the marina, and I feel like it is time to give you some advice: Before going somewhere, make sure it is the place you wanted to go! As easy as it is, I just did that wrong. Intentionally, I wanted to go to the "coast" of SIN to walk around the bars and the people after work, just to see more of the city then my way to the office and back. So I thought the MRT station "Marina Bay" would be the place to go. Wrong! In fact, here is nothing but the freight-harbour and a lot of trees. The park is near, but as it is after 8pm I can hardly see it. Damn! That takes all the motivation away in an instant, and now I just want to go home again, feeling like I spoilt the 80cent for nothing but some more meters to walk...
but I don't mind really. I will figure out how to get to the right places soon enough, and I have plenty of time left.

Work was not that funny today, because I felt a bit left in that big "boss" room and hardly anyone found his way inside. The survey I am at is much more work then I thought it would be, because the research has to be made in various sources and not all of them are as updated as I want them to be, others are just a big pile of paper to analyze. Of course I will finish it by the end of the week, but I would prefer it to be faster. I would prefer ME to be faster! Actually, I needed half the day to understand that database, because it has nearly every information about every commercial aircraft of the world stored and it is not as easy as google... ;-)

I hope that when Mr. Bussmann comes into office things will change a bit and I will get more information around the business here. I do not yet know what the people around me are really doing!

Lunch was fun, anyways. Leonard Wong, who has just cancelled his job, is really funny, ironic and sarcastic as I like it. He gave me a hint of some bureaucratic burdens inside the LH-System, and it was more like watching a play then just listening. And I got to know the little daughter of Sharon Chong - Victoria. She is just about a year old and can hardly speak a word yet, but the eyes tell everything! She also practices winking bye-bye and throwing hand-kisses. Such a funny little girl!

A good motivation was the ICQ-Chat with Tine this afternoon. She spent nearly a full "whatever-law-it-just-was" lecture chatting with me, and she took away my lousy mood as always. Thank god to have her!

OK folks, I'll just walk my way back into the station now and take my train home, where a tasty chocolate snack is waiting for me, and some strange-tasting star-fruit-juice that I bought yesterday at midnight at the seven-eleven in the hospital. See ya! (written 2004-05-19 20:17)