my first journey across the ocean!

Sonntag, Juli 04, 2004

I am so happy!

Don't ask me why - I seem to be the happiest man on this planet right now! At least - I feel exactly that way. Do you know the feeling when a stranger smiles at you or picks up a little talk? Do you know the feeling when you catch yourself smiling bright for no obvious reason? This is how i am.
Over the last days, the last weeks, I have become increasingly happy. Well, some of my posts may have spoken a different language, but that was immediate feedback, this post is sort of a filtered review. It is the sheer amount of moments when I look up, or look into myself, and find so much to be happy about that I could burst of luck! I am in love with a beautiful girl - I miss her so much, but we are in such close contact that the first thing I hear in the morning often is her voice on the phone. I can't wait to see her, to show her the place I discovered. Then there is the sheer fact that I am here - boy!- in Singapore. 21 years young, quite handsome (if I may say so), on the right track. Focused. Seeking for the next possibility, the next upgrade, the next challenge. Hungry for information.
Last week when I came to my favourite seven-eleven store at the Tang Tock Seng Hospital around the corner, the cashier started talking to me in Chinese. I did not understand a word, so I asked her what she had just said. Know what? She teached me to say "how do you do" and "thanks, fine" in Chinese! That was so cool, and I could not stop smiling when I left the store. Today when I came there, she was excited that I remembered that little piece of conversation, and started chatting away in English again.
I have so many reasons to be happy that I could easily spend the whole night telling you about them... take this little insight by now. And be aware that a lot of you people out there reading this - family, friends, especially my beloved Christine - are the foundation on which I can experience the little wonders that happen every day. God bless you.