my first journey across the ocean!

Samstag, Mai 22, 2004

It is Saturday, and I'm in the office. Do I have to say more?
Outside it is just getting dark again, and I am ready to pack my stuff and go home. Boy am I tired. It was planned to be such a good day!
I took home the DSL-Router after I was assured that the DSL-Connection would work from whatever telephone line you plug it to. Of course it did not, I found out after carrying all that stuff down to the apartment. Having no Internet access means no finishing of the survey from the home-office. So I had to come up to the fifth floor, Palais Renaissance, Orchard Road again today, with my rucksack on my back. First thing I noticed: The aircon is not working on the weekend. Fabulous. Then my computer broke down several times in a row. Great. Then I noticed that I have no access to the data I need until monday and won't get it.... I'm quite good at complaining, don't you think? :-)
Of course, there were good parts of the day as well.
Walking down Orchard Road I came across two guys who asked me for some time. They looked like pupils who did a survey, so I said yes. Well... it was not really a survey. It was more like christian mission. But who cares? I was bored, I was angry because I had to head to the office on Saturday, so why not talk to some strangers about god? It figured out to be quite a fun. You have to know, I even like it when someone calls me for half an hour of "who would you vote for, if election was next sunday, and which icecream do you prefer"-questions (only when I have the time, of course, and nothing more interesting to do), so call me stupid, but I liked that guy and what he said was not too bad - although nothing really new to me, as I am christian already and did not have to be convinced of that God and Jesus thing. By the way, the guy who I guessed to be a pupil is married, has two children and a job. Damnit, I will never be able to guess the age of Asians! Finally, when we came to the end of the little brochure he brought, we even spoke a little prayer together - I thought I would spoil his feeling of successful mission when I stopped him there, and who cares. Can only bring some more of god's love, huh?
Sad to say, but thats all I experienced today - a lot of nagging and some prayin'.
Now this is the line, cause I said so!