my first journey across the ocean!

Montag, Juni 14, 2004

Hey people... it's a good monday and it is not.
The whole office is betting on the European Football Championship, and from the first four games this weekend I have bet the right score 2 times! That means that I have won 26,30 SGD, already far exceeding the 16 SGD I have spent to bet on 8 games. And maybe I have one right next weekend, as well?! That was some good news to start the day.
Then I found a solution for my "which aircraft where from whom"-Problem, I just solved it statistically. I have a whole folder full of timetables, and I did not get out anything of it, so I just switched to assume some things and calculate it. Way cool! The only thing is, that my boss has to accept that Idea... otherwise I have a problem, because we are to have a meeting in an hour ;-)
The "not so good" part is that my application for the New-York-Conference of Business Today was rejected. DAMN! They would have paid everything, flight, accomodation... that would have been a dream. That is so typical for me: Apply for an Conference in Shanghai, a City you only had heard of, but not in an "I want to go there"-way, which is so expensive that you can hardly afford it, and they accept you (maybe the only criteria is to pay the fee?!? At least it's run by Harvard students!). Apply for a conference in New York, the City you have dreamt of for years, that you REALLY REALLY want to see, and which is totally free - they reject you. I hate it.

Let's see how my mood is after meeting my boss - I really hope he is OK with my Idea.