my first journey across the ocean!

Donnerstag, Juli 15, 2004

wakeboarding in Indonesia


This was on saturday, at Bantam. Or so. I can't keep all the names of these islands in my head... at least I know that it was Indonesia. I don't know if there is much more on this islands worth a look then this facility, and the adjoining hotel. The factories full of underpaid women and all the prostitution around them certainly is not - just too sad a story, but again, bitter reality here. However: This was wakeboarding day, the rain had started when we entered the ferry, but that could not take our motivation. The fact that Robin's wife and daughter had to take the first ferry back because Indonesia does not let Swedish people immigrate without some special paper was really sad, but still: We had to get going! Try to image this facility as a ski-lift in the water. There at the hut they give you the rope you hold on to, and then - here you go! It was not that easy, though...