my first journey across the ocean!

Montag, Juni 14, 2004

I'm a lucky SOB!
While presenting my results, Johannes asked me some tiny little questions like "why is that?"... to cut it short: An assumption I had made right in the beginning of my whole route-analysis-stuff was totally wrong, and I had not noticed it. That was really awkward. But Johannes (or BOSS, as Sharon calls him) did not trouble me at all, he said that things like that just happen and discussed with me how to make it right. I went back to my desk and started working immediateley, because I want to have it right as soon as possible. But that is not all: He came to me when was leaving and said that I shouldn't work so long and put me under stress, he would not need the results before next monday - and that we should have a beer together on the weekend. That's cool! And to make it even better, when I asked him if it was maybe possible to attend a client meeting, just to get an idea of how they work, he said that he would bear that in mind and search for an matching occasion, and that maybe I could go through a project with Olaf, who makes deals which are not that long-term oriented (10years sometimes), therefore are faster to make, and maybe I could there have a chance to go along with the whole process from the first meeting till the final handshake. That is really great, even though it is no final YES.
Boy, this day was upside down and inside out, put the end was great.