my first journey across the ocean!

Samstag, Mai 29, 2004

What do avoid when it comes to food in Singapore:

- do not go to Subways. The Sandwiches are overpriced and do not taste at all here.
- avoid BK and McD, the burgers are small (OK, prices are half the german ones) and the chips come with nearly no salt.
- go to one of the uncountable food courts a.k.a. hawker stalls. They can be found everywhere throughout the town/state/country (ha-ha), most of the time in the basements of shopping malls. You get a variety of asian food there you will never forget - SIN is famous therefore. For 4 SGD you get a good meal, and drinks cost around 1 SGD (except everything with alcohol, which is quite expensive). Since I am here, I have never had the same meal twice, and I think I could continue that for the rest of the time. Possibilities are unlimited here.
- If you are asked if you want extra chili, say no.
- If you can't stand spicy food, don't come here.
- Never tip, I once did and that really distracted the waiter!

Oh, and by the way - I am having an office-saturday again, my computer is running on linux temporarily, and it is like a miracle. USB Plug? No Problem. System hanging? Nope. Working on the survey? Yep.
I HATE WINDOWS! (but I´ll come back to it, quite sure).